NavAO

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Gingerbread Men cookies!

My daughter and I decided to make gingerbread men cookies to celebrate the Christmas holiday. I had never made these before, so I took the easy route and bought a packaged mix. It couldn't have been easier! We had so much fun making these. And because the recipe was simple, she was able to help every step of the way.

I used Betty Crocker's gingerbread mix. All I had to add was butter, water, and an egg. Then mix, mix, mix until it becomes a soft dough. I actually had to knead the dough with my hands because with just the spoon (or even the mixer), the dough wouldn't come together. Once I worked the dough with my hands, it worked out perfectly.







I would also recommend watching these cookies closely when they're in the oven. There are two options for bake time on the package depending on the type of cookie sheet you use. I went with the shorter bake time and my first batch came out a little burned. So for the next batches I decreased the bake time by a minute or two. They bake very quickly.

Then we let them cool and decorated them. I'm no professional baker so the decoration is not the most perfect.
Do you include baking as part of homeschooling? What kinds of things have you and your homeschooled children been preparing this holiday season? Share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin