NavAO

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Lego Challenge

 
Buttercup is nuts about Legos! I have lost count how many sets we've bought or she's gotten as gifts. It got to the point that there were tiny Lego pieces all over the floor. I've stepped on them, tripped on them, even found those pesky Lego pieces in the laundry. Earlier this year, in a desperate attempt to keep those Legos off the floor, I came up with a Lego organizer for all of Buttercup's Lego pieces.

See the Lego table with drawers here.

But that is not the reason for this post. I'm getting to it. I promise.


We homeschool on a four day week with Fridays as a make up day or flexible day. Since we are pretty free most Fridays, I decided to add an activity that would be fun for Buttercup and at the same time educational. I came up with Lego Challenge Fridays. The idea was simple: give her an object that she would have to build out of Legos. She could be as literal or as creative as she wanted. She loved the idea.

We've been doing Lego Challenge for a while now. I even found a blogger who hosted a monthly Lego Quest. Unfortunately, a couple of months into it, the mom blogger could no longer continue and we were left to our own again. No problem.

So we are back to Lego Challenge Fridays. I'm going to try to share Buttercup's creations as much as possible. We may skip a week here or there, especially around the holidays.

Here's last Friday's challenge...a turtle.


 
 
 
I would love to connect with other moms/dads of kiddos that love Legos too! If you do your own Lego challenge, let me know, maybe we can exchange ideas. That would be awesome!
 

Happy Homeschooling Adventures!

1 comment:

LinkWithin